The Parish Council is extremely proud of the Play Areas provided for residents of the Parish.
Play areas opening – COVID-19 update
On 14th July 2020 the Parish Council owned play areas at Amberley Road, Birches Road, Earles Meadow and Holbrook Tythe Barn re-opened to the public.
In readiness for re-opening all of our playgrounds have been safety inspected and cleaned, but we cannot continue to clean and therefore, equipment cannot be guaranteed to be coronavirus (COVID-19) free.
Please take all reasonable precautions to ensure your and your family’s safety, following the guidelines below:-
- Keep your distance and be respectful of other people
- If you or any of your party are showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) DO NOT enter the play area. Return home and seek medical assistance
- Only 1 adult per family unit should accompany their children into the playground
- Equipment which can accommodate multiple children e.g. climbing frames should be used by one family unit at a time.
- If a piece of equipment or the playground is busy please come back later.
- Do not use any equipment marked as out of use – there may be an increased risk.
- Adults are reminded to ensure good hygiene by providing regular hand sanitation.
- Please don’t eat and drink in the playground.
- Please place your litter in a bin, or take it home with you
You can find our Play Areas at –
HOLBROOK TYTHE BARN
This is a much used Play Area in the grounds of Holbrook Tythe Barn in Pondtail Road, where play equipment for both toddlers and juniors is provided.
At Holbrook Tythe Barn you will find equipment such as a toddler multi unit, a junior multi unit, a spinner, board game, and a zip line.
Equipment is offered for both toddlers and juniors. For the toddlers, there is a roundabout, a small Multi Play Unit and cradle swings. For the juniors there are swings, a huge Multi Play Unit featuring many different play elements and an adventure trail.
The Area provides areas for both toddlers and juniors and also a seated area for parents and carers. For the toddlers, there are cradle swings, a Multi Play Unit and a four seater rocker. For the juniors, there are swings, a climbing net, a large Multi Play Area and a twister.
The seating area provides seats and a picnic table, together with two large free-standing board games. You can access the play area from Rowlands Road.
This is the smallest of our Play Areas. The equipment includes multi unit for toddlers and swings – one toddler and one junior.
If you encounter a problem at any of our Play Areas, please contact the Parish Office.