The Government’s announcement further funds to support those organisations supporting vulnerable people and communities during this time. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-unlocks-150-million-from-dormant-accounts-for-coronavirus-response
The National Lottery Community Fund – Coronavirus Community Support Fund https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/news/press-releases/2020-05-20/statement-about-the-coronavirus-community-support-fund
This new funding stream makes available £200m in Government funding that will be aimed primarily at small to medium organisations in England.
The Fund has two key objectives:
- To increase community support to vulnerable people affected by the COVID-19 crisis, through the work of civil society organisations.
- To reduce temporary closures of essential charities and social enterprises, ensuring services for vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 have the financial resources to operate, and so reduce the burden on public services.
Prioritising funding for communities affected by COVID-19
Prioritising funding projects and organisations supporting communities through the COVID-19 pandemic. They are reviewing the situation on an on-going basis and will share any updates or developments on their website. So please only ask for what you need to support communities during this crisis.
Funding fall into 2 categories
- Under £10,000
- Over £10,000
What types of projects they fund
We want to fund activities supporting people and communities affected by COVID-19.
They will prioritise:
- Organisations supporting people who are at high risk from COVID-19
- Organisations supporting communities most likely to face increased demand and challenges as a direct result of COVID-19
- Organisations which connect communities and support communities to work together to respond to COVID-19.
They are responsible for promoting the welfare and wellbeing of all groups, and working to keep them safe. Anyone who applies for their funding needs understand National Lottery our safeguarding policy